Drives truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations, primarily between the plant location and the outside warehouse, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drives truck or spots trailers to destination to load and unload truck.
2. Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
3. Performs the required pre and post trip safety checks and keeps truck in safe working order.
4. Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
5. Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
6. Completes annual updates of OSHA required training as assigned by supervisor.
7. Complies with DOT CDL Class A requirements to maintain valid driver certification.
8. When not engaged in transporting materials among warehouses, operates powered industrial truck to assist shipping & receiving in the plant location or move materials inside warehouse.
9. Overtime as required/requested.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As assigned by the Materials Manager or Shift Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or air borne particles and operates in extreme heat or cool climate conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however certain procedures create an extremely loud affect lasting 1.5 minutes at least 18 repetitions per shift. Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to assist in promoting a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time (6-12 hours) during a normal shift. The employee frequently is required to walk 10-15 feet, multiple times per normal shift. The employee is required to stoop and bend, use hands to handle, touch or feel, reach with hands and arms, twist, sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color-coding distinction, close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Schedule: Supplemental Pay:
In order to protect our team members, the following apply: Required use of company-issued masks upon entry into the building; temperature checks upon entry into the building; hand sanitizing stations; 6 foot social distancing enforced.