Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Ohlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Project Manager. Within Tenneco, Project Manager shall embody the part of the organization that drives manufacturing projects towards successful implementation. Projects range from new product implementation, continual improvement, developmental and other assigned projects. Project Manager will be responsible for promoting the use of and continual improvement of the phased gate review process
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Lead multiple large-scale programs and projects.
- Oversight of portfolio of projects assigned.
- Promote a disciplined approach to project management using Tenneco's phased gate review process.
- Coordinate &/or conduct Project Gate Reviews.
- Proactively manage project risks and implement risk mitigation measures, including escalation when required.
- Monitor the performance and accountability of projects using agreed upon metrics.
- Manage progress and communicate status of projects to all stakeholders.
- Work directly with customers & suppliers as needed on specific projects and work closely with Sales, Engineering, & Operations to create team accountability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or analytical field
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years with 5 years preferred direct experience in project management, ideally within the automotive industry.
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience in a technical position or demonstrated relative work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Problem solving/analysis skills.
- Ability to use root cause analysis tools (such as Fault Tree Analysis, Ishikawa Diagrams, etc.).
- Leadership skills, ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional team to contribute, creating vision to achieve goals.
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, to all levels of the organization (within Tenneco, customers, and suppliers)
- Ability to train others in business processes and systems.
- Good understanding of business financials (Profit and Loss, Capital Investment, financial performance indicators, etc.)
- Exceptional capability to lead conversations, hold presentations and facilitate discussions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of AIAG Core Tools preferred.
- 5+ years direct experience in project management, ideally within the automotive industry
- 10 years manufacturing experience in a technical position or demonstrated relative work experience.
- PMI certification preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled