As one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one visionTo Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Job DescriptionUtilities and Building Fabric Technician San Diego, CABenefits & Compensation Overview:
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you're passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there's one thing to dojoin us.
Work Schedule:1st Shift: 4:00am- 12:00pm
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, etc..
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account.
- Starting Pay Rate: $27.58
- Non-Union (FOIP) Field Operations Incentive Plant- Up to 3.5% Annual Merit Incentive.
- Weekly pay cycle
2nd Shift: 12:00pm- 8:00pm
3rd Shift: 8:00pm-4:00ampmPlant & Community Overview:
- Number of employees:
- 266 Full time
- 212 temporary employees
- Shifts: 3
- Lines 1 & 2 Rolled Corn Tortilla
- Line 3 Rolled Die Cut Flour Tortilla
- Line 4 Rolled/Folded Pressed Flour
Tortilla Products and Tamales
- Line 5 Rice Bowls
- Line 6 Fried Rice
- Engineering, Finance, Materials, Continuous Improvement, ORM, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Human Resources.
- Delimex Founded in 1984
- Acquired by Heinz in 2001
- Merged with Kraft in 2005
- Plant Built 1997
- Total building size is 120,210 s.f.
Welcome to our SAN DIEGO community!Job Overview:
Are you ready to join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place for you to create your career and make a difference!Under supervision, maintains the daily operation of all facility equipment, which is related to the operation of ammonia refrigeration systems, facility utility systems to include air, water, gas, electrical, chemical, steam, and fire sprinkler. Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Other responsibilities to include performing routine building maintenance tasks and other scheduled assignments as required.Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintains and operates the Ammonia refrigeration system and associated equipment, boilers, hot water heaters, roof top HVAC units, air compressors, O-zone generation equipment, water softening equipment, Co-generation system, and fixed fire suppression systems in accordance with all established safety procedures, as well as Company Policy and state and federal regulations and codes.
- Under supervision, performs semi-specialized tasks in the maintenance of the general plant and/or office building in the skill areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, cement applications, door repairs (personnel and industrial), maintains building lighting, rooftop ventilation units, fire sprinkler piping repairs, building electrical, and utilities
- Monitors, adjust, and maintains the waste water system and coordinates the repairs of wastewater system components including cleaning, troubleshooting, electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Understands, troubleshoots, and repairs of all previously stated equipment and systems.
- Conducts maintenance daily checks, logs and readings on previously stated equipment and systems.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on previously stated equipment and systems as assigned to maximize uptime and operating efficiency.
- Identifies all parts, supplies, and services required to maintain assigned areas and shifts.
- Conducts routine inspections of walls, floors, ceilings, insulations, piping, roof, parking lot, waste water system, etc.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Replaces or updates inoperable or old building materials and appliances (e.g. motors, belts, pumps, window glass, sinks, doors, smoke alarms, cabinets, shelves, tile, light fixtures, filter systems, patios etc.) to provide a safe, comfortable working environment for employees using various tools and materials (e.g. welding equipment, ladders, power saws, hammers, drills, etc.).
- High School Diploma.
- Three (3) years of experience in the refrigeration Food Industry and ammonia refrigeration.
Work Attributes or Skills:
- Basic maintenance principals regarding refrigeration, HVAC, compressed air, water, steam, gas, oil, chemical, and fire protection systems.
- HAZMAT, PSM, RMP, OSHA regulations, plant Maintenance Safety Program, and GMPs affecting all aspects of PM/CM safety within the plant and facilities.
- Understanding of steam principles and facility steam systems with the ability to troubleshoot pumps, valves, piping and water treatment.
- Policies, procedures, methods, and processes for performing preventive maintenance in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Measures to improve production efficiency, equipment performance, product quality, and plant safety.
- Parts and supplies required to support assigned areas and shifts.
- Plant's quality standards, policies and procedures.
The Utilities and Building Fabric Technician must possess the following skills:
- Operate the ammonia refrigeration in accordance with all established safety procedures, codes, and regulations.
- Diagnose malfunctions/hidden defects in equipment and machinery and repair of all assigned equipment previously mentioned.
- Read wiring diagrams, blue prints, schematics, and manuals and logs.
- Basic welding ( Stick, MIG, TIG, Soldering/Brazing).
- Enter data into CMMS.
- Update maintenance logs.
- Implement measures to improve routine maintenance, production efficiencies, operational effectiveness, equipment performance, and safety in all assigned areas and shifts.
Location(s)Delimex - HourlyEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- EPA Section 608 Universal Certification maintained
- Certification of Qualification on the Delimex ammonia refrigeration system, CO2 system, PSM process and facility SOP's
- Basic welding certification through accredited vocational school.
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.